Buckhead is conveniently located within the city limits, just north of Midtown, east of Vinings and west of Brookhaven. One of Atlanta’s most affluent communities, Buckhead boasts some of the Southeast’s wealthiest zip codes and has even been referred to as the “Beverly Hills of the South”. Buckhead is home some of the city’s most beautiful homes, the best shopping, the finest restaurants and a nightlife scene that attracts people from all over! Buckhead has something to offer everyone and accommodates every lifestyle. A major business and commercial district, Buckhead is a great community for working professionals. The top-ranked public and private schools make this an attractive place to raise a family. The numerous parks, entertainment options and nightlife are enough to keep anyone busy! Surrounding the lively urban districts are numerous neighborhoods that provide a more relaxed and private lifestyle.
Buckhead is comprised of over 20 separate neighborhoods, each with their own unique personality. Neighborhoods include everything from sprawling estates (new and old) and large, traditional single-family homes to renovated bungalows and ranches. The denser, more urban districts feature upscale, high-rise condos, townhomes (new and old) and historic mid-rise condos.
Restaurants and Bars
Parks & Recreation
Health & Fitness
- Elementary – E. Rivers Elementary, Morris Brandon Elementary, Sarah Smith Elementary, Warren T. Jackson Elementary, Garden Hills Elementary
- Middle – Sutton Middle School
- High – North Atlanta High School
- Private Schools
Search Homes For Sale By School District
- See Homes For Sale in E. Rivers Elementary
- See Homes For Sale in Morris Brandon Elementary
- See Homes For Sale in Sarah Smith Elementary
- See Homes For Sale in Warren T. Jackson Elementary
Want to search for homes in another School District? Go to our Advanced Home Search page and enter your school of choice into the school field.
Popular Buckhead Neighborhoods
- Ardmore Park – A small neighborhood located on the Southside of Buckhead encompassing about 4 square blocks. Constructed in the 1940’s, the housing mix is made up of charming cottages and ranches as well as newer construction. There are also a number of condos and apartments along Peachtree.
- Argonne Forest – A small neighborhood in central Buckhead. It is located across the street from the Governor’s Mansion on West Paces Ferry, with Tuxedo Park to the North and Habersham to the South. Houses range from sprawling ranches to multi-million dollar estates.
- Brookwood Hills – A historic neighborhood located in the southern tip of Buckhead, across Peachtree from Ardmore Park. The neighborhood features quiet, winding streets lined with bungalows and tudor-style homes. The Brookwood Hills Community Club is a big attraction for this neighborhood with its park, swimming pool and tennis courts.
- Castlewood – Located in West Buckhead, just South of the Paces neighborhood and North of Memorial Park. This sought after neighborhood is within walking distance to Morris Brandon Elementary and the Atlanta Memorial Park. Developed in the 50’s and 60’s the housing mix is comprised of renovated ranches and bungalows as well as lots of new construction on large, wooded lots.
- Chastain Park – A highly sought after neighborhood in North Buckhead. Chastain Park offers residents a laid-back, safe environment with spacious yards and beautiful homes. The actual park itself has so much to offer including golf, swimming, sports, trails, equestrian facility, concerts and much more!
- Collier Hills – A beautiful, historic neighborhood in South Buckhead, just West of Ardmore Park. Convenient to Buckhead and Midtown and bordered by the Tanyard Creek and Atlanta Memorial Parks makes this an attractive location. The heavily wooded lots feature brick cottages and larger, newer two-story homes.
- Garden Hills – A very popular neighborhood in the heart of Buckhead, conveniently nestled between Peachtree and Piedmont. It features the Garden Hills Pool, Frankie Allen Park (home to Buckhead Baseball), Garden Hill Elementary and much more. An active neighborhood association and beautiful homes makes this an attractive place to raise a family.
- Haynes Manor – A prestigious neighborhood located in between Northside and Peachtree, just North of Atlanta Memorial Park. Featuring European-esque manors and estates on large, well-manicured lots. It’s central location keeps everything you need at an arm’s reach while keeping a upscale, neighborhood feel.
- Kingswood – A prominent neighborhood located just North of West paces Ferry, South of Mount Paran and West of Tuxedo Park and the Governor’s Mansion. The quiet, tree-lined streets feature deep lots with impressive homes starting around 1 million.
- Loring Heights – A small community on the southern tip of Buckhead and just North of Midtown and the Arts District. A very convenient location, sought after schools and affordability attract an eclectic group of people to this pocket neighborhood in the heart of the midst of the city. Home styles include bungalows, cottages and newer construction ranging from the low $300’s all the way up to $1 million.
- North Buckhead – As the name suggests, North Buckhead is comprised of several smaller neighborhoods just North of the heart of Buckhead, with Chastain Park to the West and Brookhaven to the Right. It’s central location offers residents the best of both city and suburb lifestyle. Just minutes from the nightlife and business centers of both Buckhead and Sandy Springs. While there are some homes dating back to the 40’s and 50’s on up, the majority of homes are larger, newer construction and sit on larger lots.
- Paces – Located in the Northwest corner of Buckhead, Paces is one of Atlanta’s wealthiest neighborhoods. Both the Westminster and Lovett Schools call Paces home making it convenient for families and its proximity to I-75 makes commuting a breeze. The housing mix features ranches, large, single-family homes and many new construction estates.
- Peachtree Heights East & West – Located in central Buckhead, Peachtree Heights East and West straddle the prominent Peachtree Road. These century old neighborhoods offer a quiet retreat from the busy city life with generous, wooded lots and well-maintained public spaces including the ‘Duck Pond”. A wide range of architectural styles fill the neighborhood including bungalows, cottages, Tudors, Cape Cods, European and American foursquares.
- Peachtree Hills – A relaxed and fun community located just South of Garden Hills and North of Brookwood Hills. This neighborhood is mostly comprised of charming bungalows and cottages on smaller lots. It is more affordable than most other Buckhead neighborhoods making this a popular spot for singles and young families.
- Peachtree Park – A historic neighborhood located in the heart of Buckhead, Peachtree Park is bordered by Garden Hills and Piedmont Rd. to the West and GA 400 to the East. It’s location is super convenient to all Buckhead has to offer. A variety of architectural styles fill the neighborhood ranging from cottages and bungalows to Cape Cods and more traditional two story homes.
- Springlake – A small, popular neighborhood in the Southwest part of Buckhead just between Wildwood and Collier Hills. The tight-knit community, great schools and charming homes make this a great place to call home. An added benefit is the 200 acre Atlanta Memorial Park directly across the street! Home styles include mostly renovated cottages, bungalows, Cape Cods and some new construction.
- Underwood Hills – A charming neighborhood situated on the Southwest corner of Buckhead. Underwood Hills has a lot to offer residents including a large Underwood Hills Park, close proximity to major highways 75/85, and the great shopping and dining at The District at Howell Mill and Atlantic Station. This family-friendly neighborhood is known for it’s affordable Buckhead homes including renovated craftsman bungalows and newer construction.
- Wildwood – Located in the Southwest corner of Buckhead, Wildwood is one of Buckhead’s most popular neighborhoods. Top ranked schools, multiple parks and proximity to highways are part of what make this community attractive. The housing mix is comprised primarily of renovated ranches, cottages and traditional style homes.
- Tuxedo Park – One of Atlanta’s most prominent and refined neighborhoods located in central Buckhead, just South of Chastain Park and North of Peachtree Heights. Originally farm country, this beautiful, spacious neighborhood is reminiscent of its countryside roots. Featuring sprawling estates, many of which are so far back on the lots you can’t even see them from the road. This community is home to Atlanta’s most prestigious residences ranging from 1 to 20 million dollars.