Buckhead is conveniently located within the city limits, just north of Midtown, east of Vinings and west of Brookhaven. One of Atlanta’s most affluent communities, Buckhead boasts some of the Southeast’s wealthiest zip codes and has even been referred to as the “Beverly Hills of the South”. Buckhead is home some of the city’s most beautiful homes, the best shopping, the finest restaurants and a nightlife scene that attracts people from all over! Buckhead has something to offer everyone and accommodates every lifestyle. A major business and commercial district, Buckhead is a great community for working professionals. The top-ranked public and private schools make this an attractive place to raise a family. The numerous parks, entertainment options and nightlife are enough to keep anyone busy! Surrounding the lively urban districts are numerous neighborhoods that provide a more relaxed and private lifestyle.
Buckhead is comprised of over 20 separate neighborhoods, each with their own unique personality. Neighborhoods include everything from sprawling estates (new and old) and large, traditional single-family homes to renovated bungalows and ranches. The denser, more urban districts feature upscale, high-rise condos, townhomes (new and old) and historic mid-rise condos.
Restaurants and Bars
Atlanta Fish Market – The Southeast’s widest selection of fresh seafood” with over 100 varieties of fish flown in daily. A comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere and great service make this a welcomed retreat from the hustle and bustle of Buckhead. The thirty-foot copper fish sculpture out front makes it hard to miss.
Bones – A steakhouse institution. For over three decades, Bones has been among the finest steakhouses in Atlanta. Offering an impeccable dining experience from the top-notch service to the epic dry-aged, bone-in rib eye. You can’t go wrong here.
Horseradish Grill – “Atlanta’s oldest, continuously operating restaurant”, Horseradish Grill keeps things uncomplicated. Serving refined Southern fare in a rustic yet sophisticated setting overlooking Chastain Park.
Watershed on Peachtree – True pioneers of the farm-to-table movement, Watershed serves local, seasonal, soulful dishes inspired by Southern tradition. Winner of a James Beard Award. Their fried chicken dinner is the stuff of legend and is only served on Wednesdays for lunch and dinner (it takes 4 days to prepare).
Treehouse – Nestled in the Peachtree Hills neighborhood, Treehouse Restaurant and Pub serves delicious American cuisine in a laid-back, friendly atmosphere. The large deck is the spot to be when the weather is warm for a weekend brunch or casual evening drinks.
Canoe – Located on the edge of Buckhead and Vinings, Canoe one of Atlanta’s best restaurants. Serving exceptional farm-to-table American cuisine in a beautiful setting on the Chattahoochee River bank. Great spot for dinner, drinks and brunch!
Local Three – An awesome American eatery created by three local restauranteurs. With a focus on fresh flavors and sustainability, much of the seasonal food is sourced from local farmers. It features a warm atmosphere, an extensive bourbon, beer and wine list as well as knock-your-socks-off, delicious food.
Umi Sushi – Located in the heart of Buckhead, Umi is the destination for Sushi aficionados and modern Japanese cuisine. The décor is swanky and the food is top-notch. The menu showcases the freshest fish and highest quality ingredients. If you are feeling adventurous take a seat at the white-oak sushi bar and let the chefs take your taste buds on an adventure!
St. Regis Bar – Located in Buckhead’s ‘crown-jewel’ hotel, The St. Regis, the bar is a convivial gathering place for creative cocktails and favorite classics. The refined, upscale setting and dress-to-impress scene makes for great people watching.
Local Three Kitchen and Bar – The bar located in the Local Three restaurant features an extensive selection of libations. With over 40 bourbons, 100 beers and 100+ wines there is something for everybody.
The Tavern at Phipps – A happening restaurant and bar located at the Phipps Plaza. ‘Consistently voted BEST looking wait staff, bartenders, happy hour, outside patio, people watching spot and singles scene’ – ‘nuff said.
Havana Club – A hot spot for Atlanta nightlife, the Havana Club features three separate rooms each with their own environment and music ranging from Top 40’s to Electronic to Salsa.
The Ivy – Located on Roswell Road, The Ivy is a Buckhead nightlife staple. An old mansion converted to a bar, it offers two stories with numerous patios, bars and seating areas. With over 28 TV’s and a huge outdoor screen this is also a great place to cheer on your favorite team.
Whiskey Blue – A sophisticated indoor/outdoor lounge in the W Hotel serving craft cocktails amid city views. The interior offers a swanky, intimate vibe while the outside offers a more relaxed setting with cabanas and artificial grass.
Johnny’s Hideaway – An Atlanta institution, this dive bar is open late 7 nights a week and spinning all the hits from the 50’s to today, Shag to Disco! 35 years old and still running strong this is a bar where the rat-pack would feel welcome.
The Painted Pin – Buckhead’s newest addition located on Miami Circle. An upscale bowling alley, boutique bar and entertainment venue. The bowling lanes feature plush couches, the full-service bar features frozen Moscow-mules and kitchen serves creative bar food. Also features a number of other games like bocce ball, ping-pong and skee ball among others.
Parks & Recreation
Chastain Park – At 268 acres, this is Atlanta’s largest city park and Buckhead’s premier destination for all outdoor activities. It is home to the North Fulton Golf Course, NYO (a youth sports organization), a tennis center, a public pool, a horse park, playgrounds and multi-use trails. It is also home to one of Atlanta’s greatest venues – Chastain Park Amphitheater.
Cherokee Town and Country Club – A gorgeous, award-winning, private country club with top-notch amenities. With two locations: the Town Club, which is located on West Paces Ferry in the heart of Buckhead and the Country Club, located on the Chattahoochee River in Sandy Springs. Facilities include multiple 18-hole golf courses, fine dining, tennis center, swimming pools, fitness centers and more.
North Fulton Golf Course – Located in the center of Chastain Park, this public, 18-hole golf course offers a relaxed golfing environment with scenic views of the Buckhead skyline peeking over tree-lined fairways. Originally designed by Atlanta golf legend Bobby Jones in 1937, Buckhead residents have been hitting the small ball here for decades.
Memorial Park – A 199 acre park located in the Southern portion of Buckhead along Peachtree Creek. It includes running trails, fields, playgrounds, 23 tennis courts and the public Bobby Jones Golf Course. It was also the site of the infamous Civil War Battle of Peachtree Creek.
Bobby Jones Golf Course – A public, 18-hole golf course located on the Southern side of Buckhead. Open fairways, tight greens, a winding Peachtree Creek and the Midtown skyline make for a great golf outing for all skill levels.
Frankie Allen Park – A great neighborhood park located in the Garden Hills neighborhood. It features several baseball diamonds and is home to Buckhead Baseball, a youth sports organization. It also includes a tennis courts, picnic and grilling areas and a big field for running the dog!
Health & Fitness
Lifetime Fitness – A massive, state-of-the-art fitness facility ready to satisfy all your fitness desires. Features a large selection of cardio equipment, free weights, cycle studios, yoga studios, Pilates studios, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, basketball courts, squash courts, a child center, a spa, a healthy café and tons of group classes.
Crossfit – The “sport of fitness”. Using constantly-varied, high intensity, functional movements to get you in shape. Workouts incorporate techniques from a number of other sports with the main goal of making you a stronger, more well-rounded athlete.
LA Fitness – Nationwide chain offering members access to every location. These state-of-the-art facilities cover all your gym needs. Find group classes for yoga, cycling, aerobics etc, basketball/racquetball courts, heated pools, full locker facilities and personal training.
Flywheel Sports – – Taking indoor, spin classes to the next level. These 45 and 60 minute classes are designed to inspire you to push yourself. Instructors will take you on a unique ride every time, accompanied by motivating tunes, and if you are feeling competitive, a leader board.
Red Hot Yoga Studios – A popular hot-yoga studio located just off Piedmont on Miami Circle. Classes are held at 105 degrees and instructors focus on deep stretches and proper alignment. Classes are offered 7 days a week and suitable for all skill levels.
Miami Circle Design District – With over 80 showrooms featuring European antiques, furniture, fine upholstery, artwork, appliances and oriental rugs, Miami Circle is a premier shopping destination for the interior designer and retail consumer alike.
Buckhead Atlanta – A newly developed, sophisticated “urban village” in the heart of Buckhead at the intersection of Peachtree and West Paces Ferry. This mixed-use development offers high-end retail, restaurants, boutique offices and two 20-story luxury apartment buildings. Shops and restaurants include Warby Parker, Hermes, Christian Louboutin, Gypsy Kitchen, Le Bilboquet and Shake Shack to name a few.
Phipps Plaza and Lenox Mall – The Southeast’s premier, upscale shopping destination. Located across the street from each other in the heart of Buckhead at the intersection of Peachtree and Lenox. Featuring high-fashion shops boutiques like Louis Vuitton, Ferragamo, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, and Versace as well as more casual options like Nieman Marcus, Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Ave. They also offer a top notch movie theater and several quality dining options.
Restoration Hardware – Located across the street from the Buckhead Atlanta development, this brand new, 6-story building is Restoration Hardware’s largest store ever! The home-furnishings company has dedicated entire rooms and floors to showcasing their collections in an effort to be a ‘destination for inspiration’.
Peachtree Battle Shopping Center – A large community shopping center named for the affluent neighborhood located across the street. Offering ‘one-stop’ shopping with over 50 stores. Features restaurants, a grocery store, and specialty stores including Festivity, Frolic, H& F Bottleshop and J. McLaughlin.
- Elementary – E. Rivers Elementary, Morris Brandon Elementary, Sarah Smith Elementary, Warren T. Jackson Elementary, Garden Hills Elementary
- Middle – Sutton Middle School
- High – North Atlanta High School
- Private Schools
Search Homes For Sale By School District
- See Homes For Sale in E. Rivers Elementary
- See Homes For Sale in Morris Brandon Elementary
- See Homes For Sale in Sarah Smith Elementary
- See Homes For Sale in Warren T. Jackson Elementary
Want to search for homes in another School District? Go to our Advanced Home Search page and enter your school of choice into the school field.
Buckhead Theater – Originally opened in 1931, the recently renovated Buckhead Theater has a rich history and has been the site of sold-out shows for every musical genre. Located in the heart of Buckhead, this theater is host to a variety of events including lectures, comedy, plays, concerts and private and public events.
Chastain Park Amphitheatre – Hands down, this is Atlanta’s greatest outdoor, live music venue. Located in Buckhead’s Chastain Park, the amphitheater is surrounded by old magnolias and is the perfect setting for taking in a great show. During the Summer Concert Series, over half of the shows allow patrons to bring in their own food and drinks for a truly one of a kind experience.
Peachtree Road Race – The largest 10K run in the world, the Peachtree Road race is held every year on July 4th. A tradition for thousands of people throughout Atlanta and beyond, this is a great, family-friendly, fun race. The streets are lined with people to cheer you on or pass you a cold beer – God Bless America!
Atlanta History Center – Located in the heart of Buckhead, visitors can explore Georgia’s past through a number of award-winning exhibitions. Attractions include two historic houses, the Swan House and the Smith Family Farm, the Centennial Olympic Games Museum, the Goizuetta Gardens. The History Center is also host to a number of educational programs, lectures and social events.
Popular Buckhead Neighborhoods
- Ardmore Park – A small neighborhood located on the Southside of Buckhead encompassing about 4 square blocks. Constructed in the 1940’s, the housing mix is made up of charming cottages and ranches as well as newer construction. There are also a number of condos and apartments along Peachtree.
- Argonne Forest – A small neighborhood in central Buckhead. It is located across the street from the Governor’s Mansion on West Paces Ferry, with Tuxedo Park to the North and Habersham to the South. Houses range from sprawling ranches to multi-million dollar estates.
- Brookwood Hills – A historic neighborhood located in the southern tip of Buckhead, across Peachtree from Ardmore Park. The neighborhood features quiet, winding streets lined with bungalows and tudor-style homes. The Brookwood Hills Community Club is a big attraction for this neighborhood with its park, swimming pool and tennis courts.
- Castlewood – Located in West Buckhead, just South of the Paces neighborhood and North of Memorial Park. This sought after neighborhood is within walking distance to Morris Brandon Elementary and the Atlanta Memorial Park. Developed in the 50’s and 60’s the housing mix is comprised of renovated ranches and bungalows as well as lots of new construction on large, wooded lots.
- Chastain Park – A highly sought after neighborhood in North Buckhead. Chastain Park offers residents a laid-back, safe environment with spacious yards and beautiful homes. The actual park itself has so much to offer including golf, swimming, sports, trails, equestrian facility, concerts and much more!
- Collier Hills – A beautiful, historic neighborhood in South Buckhead, just West of Ardmore Park. Convenient to Buckhead and Midtown and bordered by the Tanyard Creek and Atlanta Memorial Parks makes this an attractive location. The heavily wooded lots feature brick cottages and larger, newer two-story homes.
- Garden Hills – A very popular neighborhood in the heart of Buckhead, conveniently nestled between Peachtree and Piedmont. It features the Garden Hills Pool, Frankie Allen Park (home to Buckhead Baseball), Garden Hill Elementary and much more. An active neighborhood association and beautiful homes makes this an attractive place to raise a family.
- Haynes Manor – A prestigious neighborhood located in between Northside and Peachtree, just North of Atlanta Memorial Park. Featuring European-esque manors and estates on large, well-manicured lots. It’s central location keeps everything you need at an arm’s reach while keeping a upscale, neighborhood feel.
- Kingswood – A prominent neighborhood located just North of West paces Ferry, South of Mount Paran and West of Tuxedo Park and the Governor’s Mansion. The quiet, tree-lined streets feature deep lots with impressive homes starting around 1 million.
- Loring Heights – A small community on the southern tip of Buckhead and just North of Midtown and the Arts District. A very convenient location, sought after schools and affordability attract an eclectic group of people to this pocket neighborhood in the heart of the midst of the city. Home styles include bungalows, cottages and newer construction ranging from the low $300’s all the way up to $1 million.
- North Buckhead – As the name suggests, North Buckhead is comprised of several smaller neighborhoods just North of the heart of Buckhead, with Chastain Park to the West and Brookhaven to the Right. It’s central location offers residents the best of both city and suburb lifestyle. Just minutes from the nightlife and business centers of both Buckhead and Sandy Springs. While there are some homes dating back to the 40’s and 50’s on up, the majority of homes are larger, newer construction and sit on larger lots.
- Paces – Located in the Northwest corner of Buckhead, Paces is one of Atlanta’s wealthiest neighborhoods. Both the Westminster and Lovett Schools call Paces home making it convenient for families and its proximity to I-75 makes commuting a breeze. The housing mix features ranches, large, single-family homes and many new construction estates.
- Peachtree Heights East & West – Located in central Buckhead, Peachtree Heights East and West straddle the prominent Peachtree Road. These century old neighborhoods offer a quiet retreat from the busy city life with generous, wooded lots and well-maintained public spaces including the ‘Duck Pond”. A wide range of architectural styles fill the neighborhood including bungalows, cottages, Tudors, Cape Cods, European and American foursquares.
- Peachtree Hills – A relaxed and fun community located just South of Garden Hills and North of Brookwood Hills. This neighborhood is mostly comprised of charming bungalows and cottages on smaller lots. It is more affordable than most other Buckhead neighborhoods making this a popular spot for singles and young families.
- Peachtree Park – A historic neighborhood located in the heart of Buckhead, Peachtree Park is bordered by Garden Hills and Piedmont Rd. to the West and GA 400 to the East. It’s location is super convenient to all Buckhead has to offer. A variety of architectural styles fill the neighborhood ranging from cottages and bungalows to Cape Cods and more traditional two story homes.
- Springlake – A small, popular neighborhood in the Southwest part of Buckhead just between Wildwood and Collier Hills. The tight-knit community, great schools and charming homes make this a great place to call home. An added benefit is the 200 acre Atlanta Memorial Park directly across the street! Home styles include mostly renovated cottages, bungalows, Cape Cods and some new construction.
- Underwood Hills – A charming neighborhood situated on the Southwest corner of Buckhead. Underwood Hills has a lot to offer residents including a large Underwood Hills Park, close proximity to major highways 75/85, and the great shopping and dining at The District at Howell Mill and Atlantic Station. This family-friendly neighborhood is known for it’s affordable Buckhead homes including renovated craftsman bungalows and newer construction.
- Wildwood – Located in the Southwest corner of Buckhead, Wildwood is one of Buckhead’s most popular neighborhoods. Top ranked schools, multiple parks and proximity to highways are part of what make this community attractive. The housing mix is comprised primarily of renovated ranches, cottages and traditional style homes.
- Tuxedo Park – One of Atlanta’s most prominent and refined neighborhoods located in central Buckhead, just South of Chastain Park and North of Peachtree Heights. Originally farm country, this beautiful, spacious neighborhood is reminiscent of its countryside roots. Featuring sprawling estates, many of which are so far back on the lots you can’t even see them from the road. This community is home to Atlanta’s most prestigious residences ranging from 1 to 20 million dollars.